Torn Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese & Gems
- 1 Small Roasted Chicken
- 2 Baby Gems
- 2 Slices White Bread (crusts removed)
- 4 Slices Streaky Bacon (cut into 1cm strips)
- Soft Blue Cheese (100g)
- Natural Yoghurt (4tsp)
- Olive Oil
- Crushed Garlic (1 clove)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
Method & Recipe Notes
1. Cut the bread into 1cm cubes and shallow fry with the bacon in a little olive oil until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
2. Cut the bottom of the gems, wash, then pat dry and toss in a bowl with a little olive oil.
3. Scatter the leaves between 6 plates and using your fingers tear strips off the breast of chicken. Scatter over the bacon & croutons.
4. Beat the blue cheese in a bowl until smooth, then fold in the yoghurt & garlic.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and season with sea salt and black pepper.