- Peeled and diced pears 1-2 pears (150g)
- Date nectar or other syrup if you prefer (120ml)
- Farrington Oils Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil (100ml)
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼tsp salt
- Flaked almonds, plus extra for topping (50g)
- oats (150g)
- Wholemeal spelt flour (200g)
- Apricot conserve
- Dark chocolate chunks 50g
Preheat your oven to 180°C/170°C fan. Line a 24cm square tin.
In a pan, gently heat your oil and date nectar until gently simmering then remove from heat.
Add the vanilla extract and mix.
In a large mixing bowl, add your oats, wholemeal spelt flour, cinnamon, flaked almonds and salt and mix. Pour in the oil and date nectar mix. Stir everything together.
Press two thirds of your mixture into your lined baking tin. Spread a thin layer of apricot conserve on top.
Sprinkle with the pear chunks and the chocolate chunks. Top with the remaining mixture and sprinkle a handful of flaked almonds on top.
Gently press everything down again.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Leave to cool before cutting.