FREEE by Doves Farm Earl Grey Fruit Loaf
- Earl-Grey Tea Bags (2 Bags)
- Boiling Water (200ml)
- Mixed Fruit (Sultanas, Raisins, Prunes, Dates, Apricots) (300g)
- FREEE Plain White Flour (200g)
- FREEE Baking Powder (2 tsp)
- Soft Brown Sugar (100g)
- 1 tbsp FREEE Chickpea Flour & 2 tbsp Water
- Oil (4 tbsp)
- Orange Rind and Juice (1/2 an Orange)
Method & Recipe Notes
1. Put the tea bags into a jug, add the boiling water and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
2. Line a 1kg/2lb loaf tin/bread tin with parchment and preheat the oven at 180°C (Fan 160°C), 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
3. Weigh the dried fruits into another bowl. If using prunes, dates or apricots cut these into quarters. Pour the tea into the bowl and leave until completely cold.
4. Sieve the flour and baking powder into another bowl, add the sugar and mix together.
5. Add the chickpea flour + water, oil, grated orange rind and juice and beat well.
6. Discard the tea bags and stir the soaked fruit and liquid into the bowl.
7. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
8. Bake for 70-75 minutes.
9. Gently turn out the cake onto a wire rack and leave to cool.