Doves Farm Spelt Bread
- Organic Wholemeal Spelt Flour (500g)
- Quick Yeast (1tsp)
- Sugar (1tsp)
- Salt (1tsp)
- Tepid Water (300ml)
- Oil (1tsp)
Method & Recipe Notes
1. Put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a large bowl and blend them together.
2. Stir in the water, and when everything looks craggy and lumpy, stir in the oil. Using your hands gather everything together into a doughy mass.
3. Knead dough in the bowl for 100 presses, in the bowl or on a work surface.
4. Cover the dough bowl with oiled cling film and leave it in a warm place, for the dough to double in size, which will take about an hour.
5. Knead the dough for another 100 presses.
6. Shape the dough and put it into your prepared tin (1kg/2lb loaf tin).
7. Loosely cover the tin with the oiled cling film and leave it to rise in a warm place for 35 minutes.
8. Pre-heat the oven to 220˚C (Fan 200˚C / 425˚F / Gas 7).
9. Bake the loaf for 40-45 minutes. You will know it’s done when the bottom sounds hollow when tapped. Leave to cool on a wire rack.