About the company
Erudus, the food industry’s collaborative solution to sharing product data, provides an industry-leading software as a service (SaaS), working collaboratively with all sizes of organisations from farmhouse kitchen to global brands.
2,700+ brands, 120 wholesalers and 85,000+ caterers utilise it’s products/data every day.
A small company with an excellent reputation and product adoption within the food industry is set to embark on an exciting period of growth in 2019 and is looking to build out a small but highly proficient development team.
The company is relaxed and hardworking, completing projects quickly and efficiently with a clear goal of building both successful products and company.
The successful candidate will be the second developer hire in the company, so will need to embrace the opportunity of joining a small team within a growing company.
The successful candidate will work closely with the lead developer to design, develop and deliver new features, tools and products. Write robust and efficient code in target languages and frameworks. Maintain and improve efficient workflows and practices. Contribute to technical discussions, decisions and strategies.
The successful candidate will have a direct impact on the company’s success, and there will be an opportunity to grow in knowledge and expertise as the company grows.
We are looking for some or all of the following :
- Experience of MVC architecture and modern PHP frameworks
- Experience in developing with Laravel or Lumen frameworks
- Ability to find your way around Linux and Nginx
- Experience using GitHub
- Experience building and using RESTful APIs
- Experience with OAuth, Redis, VueJS and Amazon Web Services an advantage
- Higher level education in a relevant field, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills allowing clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and with internal/external stakeholders
Working out of a modern office on the Newcastle Business Park with excellent public transport and free onsite parking, the successful candidate will benefit from a starting salary of up to 40k (depending on experience), 30 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays) and a 5% Contributory Pension. Core working hours of 09:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday.
The successful candidate will have a brand new MacBook Pro and Screen to work from and can choose the software/tools they want to work with to be productive. A generous allowance for training courses, conferences and resources to be provided.
How to apply
Please email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com