Vegan Chilli with Cocoa
- Small Red Potatoes, chopped into chunks (560g)
- White Onion, finely chopped (200g)
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- Low-sodium Broth or Water (3 cups)
- Salt (1.5tsp)
- Tomato Puree/Sauce (1 cup)
- Chilli Powder (1.5tbsp)
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (2tbsp)
- Smoked Paprika (1tsp)
- Salt-free Tinned Black Beans, drained and rinsed (750g)
- Sweetcorn (135g)
Method & Recipe Notes
1. Preheat the oven to 210°C (415°F) and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Chop the potatoes and spread out on the tray evenly. Season them with salt and pepper, then bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
3. While potatoes are cooking, prepare the chilli. Add the onion, bell pepper, water and salt in a large pan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn to medium-high heat and cook for 8 minutes.
4. Add the tomato sauce, chilli powder, cocoa powder and smoked paprika and then turn down the heat to medium-low and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the drained beans and sweetcorn, raise the heat back to medium and cook for around 5 minutes. Taste and add salt or spices if necessary.
6. Garnish the dish with the roasted potatoes. If desired add some fresh avocado and red pepper flakes.