Manufacturer Account Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne - £18,000 - £20,000 + Commission - Full Time
This is a unique role that blends account management with business development within the Manufacturer area of our business.
As Account Manager, you will oversee a portfolio of our Manufacturer customers. You will excel in building long-term and trusting relationships with clients - from the first introduction to account reviews and beyond, and be able to drive KPI’s and company objectives into the customer portfolio.
The successful candidate will be equally comfortable with customer service and sales, and capable of ensuring customer satisfaction at every step of the Erudus journey.
Erudus is becoming the industry’s go-to source for food data. Working with Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Caterers and Retailers, our platform provides all the accurate allergy, nutrition and technical product data those in the foodservice industry need, in one easy-to-access place.
Our data pool helps our customers respond and comply to changes in legislation, and increasingly complex consumer needs, whilst our range of tools and solutions uses the latest technology to make life easier for businesses eager to become more efficient, as well as more innovative.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operating as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to your accounts.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Oversee customer account management, including negotiating term sheets, solution plans, renewals, and payment terms.
- Be an Erudus brand ambassador, representing our brand in a positive light to increase brand awareness and sales.
- Provide overview/deep dive product demonstrations and walkthroughs to potential new customers (Telephone, Face to face, Webinar (pre-recorded and Live)
- Identify and deliver user training (Telephone, Face to face, Webinar)
- Demonstrate expert levels of product, industry and technical food knowledge.
- Communicate mastery of all Erudus products and services to customers verbally, written and visually.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to deliver and improve excellent customer experiences.
- Maintain and improve efficient workflows, practices and solutions.
- Contribute to technical discussions, decisions and product strategies.
- Participate with product testing and feedback sessions.
- Produce Management Information on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Repeating and Ad-hoc administration tasks .
- Ad-hoc project ownership and/or participation.
- Educate Users on the value Erudus delivers to them and the wider industry.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Tasks
- Company/User Onboarding
- Range Matching (Microsoft Excel)
- User Management (Administration rights, main points of contact, new user setup/onboarding)
- Billing Cycle Management (Pre-notifications, Payment Arrangements, Debt Chasing)
- Arrange and deliver product demonstrations
- Creation, amendments and renewal of Term Sheets
- Solutions Up Sell & Education (Image Capture, API)
- Collate user feedback and feed into Product Team
- Deliver User Training / Product Updates to Manufacturer Users
- Negotiate term sheets inc. price, term and payment terms
- Initial account setup
- Data Integrity, end to end ownership of Product discrepancies and/or errors
A Level or College equivalent education, Customer Service or Business desirable.
Internships, Undergraduate work experience, and Graduate assistantships in related role(s) is advantageous but not essential.
Demonstrable success in Sales is strongly advantageous.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
You’ll have a positive approach to Customer Service, Sales and Support, great people skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to wow our customers.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Can do attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek out solutions to issues
- The confidence and initiative to seek out new business opportunities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Project Management skills
- Effective record keeping
- Excellent communication skills allowing clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and with internal/external stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of Apple computers and operating software
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel software.
- Salary up to £20k
- Commission on contract uplifts and sales, uncapped, no minimum.
- 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays.
- 5% Contributory pension.
- Private Health Care (Employee).
- Virtual GP (Via mobile app).
- Optional Private Health Care for Partner/Family members.
- Private Dental Care.
- High Street Discounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Monday – Friday working hours – no weekends or Bank Holidays.
- Annual Pay Review (Individual/Company performance related).
- Discounted food from a local foodservice company.
- Early finish Friday rota.
- Paid time off on your Birthday and a Birthday Cake!
- 2 x paid volunteering/charity days per year.
- Corporate Travel Cards (Newcastle Metro/Bus).
- Bike to work scheme.
How to apply