Customer Support Executive
Newcastle upon Tyne - £23,000 - Full Time
This job is now closed
Erudus is looking to recruit a Customer Support Executive. The successful candidate will become an Erudus product expert and brand ambassador, representing our brand in a positive light to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships which will be achieved through responding to and resolving queries through our multi channel support department.
Erudus is a SaaS (Software as a Service) company providing solutions to help all areas of the food industry comply with legislation and regulations, and the key to success in this Support Executive role is not only understanding our software, but the food industry and its challenges as a whole. You’ll need to be eager to learn, highly motivated, and able to deal with a wide range of queries. We are looking for someone who has demonstrable customer service experience, particularly in technical support, and has the potential to grow within the technical support department of a fast growing and ambitious company.
We’ll ensure you’ll be supported every step of your professional journey at Erudus, with ongoing training and development opportunities.
Erudus is becoming the food industry’s go-to source for product data. Working with Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Caterers and Retailers, our platform provides accurate allergy, nutritional, technical product data and product imagery that those in the foodservice industry need, in one easy-to-access place.
Our Data Pool helps our customers respond and comply to changes in legislation, and increasingly complex consumer needs, whilst our range of tools and solutions use the latest technology to make life easier for businesses eager to become more efficient and innovative.
The collaborative approach we take with the solutions we provide is a product of our company culture. Open, honest communication and doing the right thing guide our every action with both our customers and our colleagues, and we have an opportunity for a Customer Support Executive to join our growing support team due to the rapid expansion of our customer base.
Duties and responsibilities
- Become an Erudus product expert and brand ambassador representing our brand in a positive light to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Responding to inbound queries via a multi channel support network (phone, email and live chat) in line with Erudus’ SLA’s.
- Educate Users on the value Erudus delivers to them and the wider industry
- Provide remote overview/deep dive product demonstrations and walkthroughs to potential new customers
- Identify and deliver user training for existing customers (Telephone, Face to face, Webinar)
- Participate in product testing and feedback sessions
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to deliver and improve excellent customer experiences
- Maintain and improve efficient workflows, practices and solutions
- Customer account administration and user management
- Repeating and Ad-hoc administration tasks
- Ad-hoc project ownership and/or participation
A Level or College equivalent education
Customer service experience, preferably in a technical support setting
Call handling experience desirable
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good people skills
- A positive and professional approach to customer service
- Strong work ethic and a “can do” attitude
- A proactive approach to a varied workload
- Effective time management
- A fast learner
- A customer centric mindset
- A methodical troubleshooting mindset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Engaging presentation skills/style
- An interest in technology
- Proficient in the use of Apple computers and operating software
The successful candidate will benefit from a starting salary of £21,000, 37 days leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays, Birthday and Christmas close down) and a 5% Contributory Pension. Core working hours are 09:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday.
The successful candidate will have a brand new MacBook Pro (or Windows machine if preferred) and Screen to work from - and choose the software/tools they want to work with to be productive.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 25 days of annual leave (plus Bank Holidays and 3 days Christmas close down)
- 5% contributory pension
- Pension tenure bonus of 5% at 5 years and 10 years service
- Hybrid Working (3 days office, 2 home per week)
- Private Health Care
- Virtual GP services
- Private Dental Care
- Death in Service (Life protection policy)
- High Street Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monday – Friday working hours (no weekends or Bank Holidays)
- Annual Pay Review (linked to individual and company performance)
- Discounted food
- Paid time off on your Birthday and a Birthday Cake!
- 2 paid volunteering/charity days per year
- Corporate Travel Cards (Newcastle Metro/Bus)
- Personal Development Fund
And much more...
How to apply
Send a CV and covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org