Brandbank Product Data - Import and Sync Disabled
The Erudus and Nielsen Brandbank syndication partnership was dissolved on 10th August 2020 and as a result, the Nielsen Brandbank data feed into Erudus will be disabled.
This will affect Erudus users in different ways - based on user type, which are detailed below.
- Manufacturer accounts will no longer be able to import new products from the Nielsen Brandbank database that are associated with their Nielsen Brandbank subscriber code.
- Any specifications that were set to automatically synchronise with the Nielsen Brandbank database when changes to Nielsen Brandbank specification data were made, will no longer be automatically updated.
- Any Nielsen Brandbank copyrighted images that are associated with Erudus specifications using the Erudus Image Hub will be removed, and new images will need to be added.
- Wholesalers will no longer be able to access Nielsen Brandbank specification data on the Erudus platform or via the Erudus API.
- Wholesalers will be asked to remove Nielsen Brandbank content from their internal systems within 60 days of the dissolve date (10th August 2020).
- Any Nielsen Brandbank images associated with product specifications will no longer be available in the Erudus Image Hub and consequently, no longer available to any of our foodservice integration partners that use our API.
3rd Party Integration Partners
- Product data for products that come through to Erudus from the Nielsen Brandbank feed will no longer be available and you will see 404 error code responses when making calls via the API to the Erudus database after 8th September 2020, an HTTP 404 error will be returned as the product will no longer be available. The products will not appear in the Get Product List endpoint either, as the data has been removed for legal reasons
- Any Nielsen Brandbank images associated with product specifications will no longer be available in the Erudus Image Hub and consequently, no longer available via the API.
- All Nielsen Brandbank images that are cached in an integration partner's systems will need to be flushed before 30th September 2020.
- You will lose access to product data that you have been able to previously access.
Should you have any questions about the above changes to the Erudus platform you can contact Erudus customer support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0333 121 89 99.