Vegan Banana Breakfast Muffins
Welcome to The Erudus Recipe Book, where we share delicious recipes from our manufacturers and friends in the food industry and throw in all the allergen and nutritional information as an added bonus. It’s also the perfect place to highlight our Recipe Builder tool – designed to aid caterers by automatically aggregating nutritional values, costs and allergy statements as you add ingredients.
This week’s Banana Breakfast Muffins come courtesy of Nina Modak from the hugely popular Eat Allergy Safe blog. Nut, dairy and gluten free, as well as vegan, they’re the little morning treat you’ll never feel guilty about indulging in!
- Gluten-Free Self-Raising Flour (150g)
- Demerara Sugar (75g)
- Ground Cinnamon (½ tsp)
- Ground Nutmeg (½ tsp)
- Ground Ginger (½ tsp)
- Light Olive Oil (75ml)
- Cider Vinegar (1 tbsp)
- Water (100ml)
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed (approx. 200g without skins)
- Gluten-Free Oats (50g)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6-8 muffins
Method & Recipe Notes
1. Preheat your oven to 150°C and line your muffin tin with 10 muffin cases.
2. In a mixing bowl add in your gluten-free self raising flour or flour mix, sugar and ground spices. Mix until evenly incorporated.
3. In a jug, mix the oil, vinegar and half the water. Add to the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Add in the banana and stir until evenly mixed. Now add in the gluten-free oats.
5. Pour in the last of the water and mix until you have a slightly looser cake batter.
6. Now use a tablespoon to evenly divide the batter between your muffin cases.
7. Pop into the middle shelf of your oven and cook for 30 minutes.
8. Once golden brown, take out and place on a cooling rack until warm to touch.