Remote / Newcastle upon Tyne - Up to £30,000 - Full Time
Erudus is looking to recruit a Technical Manager to join our expanding Technical Department. The successful candidate will take on a leading role in the company’s Technical strategy, as well as forming an integral part of the Technical department overall.
This is a position that will focus on Technical Specification Data, working with a wide variety of system users to manage Data Quality Projects. Technical responsibilities will include providing support and guidance to users, compliance resolution and horizon scanning for upcoming technical legislation. Additional responsibilities will allow the chosen applicant to develop their product and industry technical knowledge.
We’re looking for a confident Technical Manager and someone who is passionate about helping others and has the potential to grow with the department. You will also have an interest in the food industry and good knowledge of what is happening within it, as well as the ability and drive to keep up with a fast-growing and ambitious company.
Erudus is becoming the industry’s go-to source for food data. Working with Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Caterers and Retailers, our platform provides all the accurate allergy, nutrition and technical product data those in the foodservice industry need, in one easy-to-access place.
Our Data Pool helps our customers respond and comply to changes in legislation, and increasingly complex consumer needs, whilst our range of tools and solutions uses the latest technology to make life easier for businesses eager to become more efficient, as well as more innovative.
Our Technical department acts as a resource for many users and covers all aspects of technical data within the food industry - whether helping our users to make the most of the Erudus platform and our tools and solutions, informing them of changes in legislation, to identifying food trends, researching the growing needs of the allergy community, and working with many technical departments within the industry.
Technical duties and responsibilities
- Customer technical support, responding to a variety of technical queries
- Managing product specification data integrity throughout database for food and non food items
- Compliance resolution
- Daily maintenance of new and existing specifications
- Data quality project work
- Identifying educational requirements to assist users
- Horizon scanning for legislation changes
- Project work on technical improvements to the system
- Supporting and improving existing technical strategy
- Reporting and analysing weekly metrics across all Technical functions
- Providing feedback for system improvements and participate in product testing
Undergraduate degree or equivalent education, Food-related subjects desirable.
Demonstrable success in previous Technical Management roles is strongly advantageous however if you are looking to take your first step into technical management after previous technical experience training can be provided.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
The successful candidate will be a Technical expert with confidence in their own abilities, and a team player who is ambitious for the company as well as themselves.
- Knowledge and proven experience of working with specification systems
- Knowledgeable in food labelling and legislative requirements
- Excellent communication skills and experience of customer liasions
- Passion for the food industry
- Project Management skills
- Effective record keeping and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and with internal/external stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of Apple computers and operating software
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel software.
- Salary up to £30,000
- 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays.
- 5% Contributory pension.
- Private Health Care (Employee).
- Virtual GP (Via mobile app).
- Optional Private Health Care for Partner/Family members.
- Private Dental Care.
- High Street Discounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Working hours Monday-Friday.
- Annual Pay Review (Individual/Company performance related).
- Discounted food from a local foodservice company.
- Bonus Friday off rota
- Paid time off on your Birthday and a Birthday Cake!
- 2 x paid volunteering/charity days per year.
- Corporate Travel Cards (Newcastle Metro/Bus).
- Bike to work scheme.
- Tech scheme (Discount on tech products from Apple and Curry’s)
How to apply