Newcastle upon Tyne - £30,000 - £35,000 - Full Time
Erudus is a rapidly growing SaaS company delivering industry-leading solutions to the UK food industry, and we’re now actively searching for a Finance Manager to join the team.
The newly created Finance Manager position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to take the next step in their career. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the role and overseeing the department’s growth within the company.
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody with the right enthusiasm, experience and a passion for finance to join a great team and be instrumental in shaping our future success.
Erudus is becoming the industry’s go-to source for food data. Working with Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Caterers and Retailers, our platform provides all the accurate allergy, nutrition and technical product data those in the foodservice industry need, in one easy-to-access place.
Our data pool helps our customers respond and comply to changes in legislation, and increasingly complex consumer needs, whilst our range of tools and solutions uses the latest technology to make life easier for businesses eager to become more efficient, as well as more innovative.
The Finance Manager will take ownership of day to day financial operations and work closely with the leadership team on strategic direction; the role will grow and evolve as the business continues to scale. Initially, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the following: -
- Oversee and manage the entire accounting function of the company.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable management.
- Maintaining accurate accounting records (Xero accounting software).
- Bank reconciliations and vendor/supplier payments.
- Oversee Sales invoicing, ensuring accuracy and a smooth process for Sales and subscription invoice generation.
- Cashflow forecasting (Float App).
- Lead the operations team in weekly Credit Control meetings.
- Commission and overtime processing.
- Preparation and processing of monthly payroll.
- VAT/HMRC reporting and compliance.
- Prepare and distribute weekly/monthly/ad-hoc management information reports and dashboards.
- Prepare and submit year-end accounts.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Prepare annual budget(s) for Chief Operating Officer and Board.
- Assist employee onboarding/offboarding.
In addition to the day to day business operations above, the Finance Manager will take the lead on several business initiatives and projects, which include: -
- Revenue recognition expressly deferred revenue reporting resulting from customer subscriptions.
- Electronic payroll solutions to streamline the process and add value to the company Employer Value Proposition.
The successful candidate will be able to hit the ground running and should possess a minimum of two years of experience working as a Financial Controller or similar role, a positive attitude and an appetite to make a positive difference to the company.
The individual needs to demonstrate: -
- A proven record of success in financial management.
- A high level of commercial and financial awareness.
- Full or Part professional accountancy qualification.
- A strong understanding of financial management, principles and techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
The successful candidate will benefit from a starting salary of £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience), 30 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays) and a 5% Contributory Pension. Core working hours are 09:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday.
The successful candidate will have a brand new MacBook Pro (or Windows machine if preferred) and Screen to work from - and choose the software/tools they want to work with to be productive. A generous allowance for training courses, conferences and resources will be provided.
Benifits also include:
- Private Health Care
- Private Dental Care
- Medical Cashback Plan
- Discount on Food Items
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health Helpline
- Virtual GP
- Corporate Travel Card (Metro / Bus)
- Various High Street Discounts
- Day off for your birthday and a cake!
- Fully paid Volunteering days
How to apply